Friday, May 25, 2012

Brian's Week at the HP Byron Nelson Championship

The long anticipated week of living the dream as a professional golfer has come and gone.
Brian had a wonderful week full of special treatment, golf, friends & family, and new experiences.
He started the week on Sunday playing the Pro-Am, his dad caddied for him! Not like usual, he didn't know anyone he played with (the boy knows everyone around town). He played a practice round Monday, ran a tournament at his club on Tuesday and played a practice round that afternoon, worked Wednesday... and played in the tournament on Thursday and Friday.

Brian was given a Cadillac Escalade to drive for the week that said "official vehicle HP Byron Nelson Championship." He fully enjoyed driving that around town :)

I was excited to learn that he was given two coupons to be redeemed at the Four Seasons Spa! I had a wonderful facial, and was the most relaxed I have ever been (I hinted that I would love to receive a facial as a yearly gift!). I also chose the "spa gift bag" from my other coupon (not knowing if I'd be able to get two treatments in by the end of the week) and boy did I luck out. I received a $100 gift card to a local mall!!! Shopping will take place soon :)

As I mentioned earlier, Brian knows everyone. He enjoyed seeing several people whom he hadn't seen in a while... every corner he turned he saw someone else (including the "red pants")

The actual tournament was a new experience for Brian. He had a rough start, but after calming his nerves and mind he played AWESOME! On Friday he made a birdie in front of 2,000 people, who loudly cheered for him! That was a neat moment for all of us!!! We had many family and friends support us through the week, and we owe them a huge hug and thank you!!! Brian is incredibly grateful of all the love he received, the opportunity to play a tour event and the talents he has been given. And I am so proud of him!



Cameras were not allowed, so I only have a few iPhone pics that I snuck.

Putt

Putt

Warming up
Hanging out in the players lounge.

Paparazzi... aka proud parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment